5.25.2009

Seattle Life: Week 3

End of the storm

A common misconception about Seattle is that it rains a lot. This is actually not true. New York gets more rain than here. As a non-native, I get why. What's often mistaken for rain is really mist (or what in Phoenix, we'd refer to as "spit"). No umbrella required. That said, there have been some incredible storms here since I've arrived. One in particular this past week shot lightning at the Space Needle—a mere 2 miles away from my place. (Video here.) Not quite the monsoons of Arizona, but definitely a spectacular display of creation.


Things I've Learned:


- That I'm a user experience designer. Had no idea until now. This will probably change my career in the long-run, but for now I'm exploring the options. (For more UX stuff, there's some good articles here, here, and here.) I'm currently reading Don't Make Me Think, by Steve Krug, which has been both delightful and informative about web usability.

- How to make chocolate-covered bacon.

Highlights:

- Seeing Around the World in 80 Days at Tap Roots.

- Sharing stories and dreaming about the future with Marie.

- Pipes + Cigars on the deck with Graham + Joe + Mark, discussing user experience design and the second commandment.

- Being moved to the bull pen section of The City means we now have a trifecta of awesome. The Josh + Joe + Luz combination involves some pretty hilarious dialog. Josh writes about it here.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The Seattleans (or whatever you call them) aren't going to like you telling their secret about it not raining all the time! :)

I'll have to check out your links later on - looks like there's some great ones!