8.15.2007

S is for Screaming and Smashing, not Sharing

My love of showering was ruined today. Anticipating a lovely hot bath, I nearly stepped in until I was greeted by this huge, nasty bugger:

One of these things is not like the other...

Needless to say, there was much shrieking. Mandy was kind enough to come and smash the cockroach with a shoe, as Liz and I were screaming and convulsing in opposite ends of the room. This is all to say...I'm a little more cautious about where I leave my toothbrush.

4 comments:

MikeDana said...

Yet another reason to love the Pacific Northwest! I've never seen one of those nasty things "in the wild" up here (I've seen some in a zoo up in Vancouver BC, though)!

Anonymous said...

ewwww gross! :sympathetic: :-( So sorry your shower was ruined!

Luz said...

mike, i'm totally making that reason #43 as to why i'd like to live in the northwest!

Annalyn said...

I'm impressed that you had the presence of mind to take a picture of it before you had it smooshed! Lovely critters, no?