9.25.2008

My Short-Lived Career as a Hair Stylist

So, my brother needs a haircut. On a whim, I offer, and he very trustingly accepts. VERY trustingly. I cut his hair once when I was 15. It was a very unfortunate experience. Paz even admitted to repressing this memory.

So here he is before the haircut. Too long and shaggy.
Giving Paz a Haircut:  Before

An in-between phase is missing photographically, reminiscent of Demitri Martin: "I went to go get a haircut. The stylist must've misheard me say, 'Just a trim' and instead heard, 'Gay Beatle, please.'" Didn't occur to me that the hair cutting I've observed has been done on ME. Pretty quickly realized that I had given him a haircut that I had previously had. (Sorry, brother.)


And after.
Giving Paz a Haircut: After

...aaaaaand it seems that my giftings do not involve hair styling. Not a horrible haircut (in fact, I'm rather proud of the the back of his head), but not quite an amazing one either. Going to ask for help tomorrow on how to fix the whoopsies. At least he doesn't look like a girl any more. And I'm pretty sure that's why he's smiling. Maybe because I didn't get blood in his hair after cutting myself 5 times. (He's got a great capacity to take life in terms of degrees.)

Update: Paz's hair was fixed by a dear friend who also gave me a quick hair cutting lesson as well. Here's Paz's revised haircut in an artsy-pfartsy manner.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

I think it looks fine, Luz (says the fellow who does his own hair with electric clippers and the #2 & #3 guards). He was clearly in need of one. Just remember, the sooner you do it for him again, the better and better you'll get!

Luz said...

a friend gave me the low-down on how to do it correctly. we'll give paz a few months until the next time. she's also promised to help fix the next few attempts, too. :)

Melissa L. said...

HAHAHAHA.......